This mod cannot be categorized using an existing term. Use with great reluctance. If you feel that there should be another category of mod that would describe this file, do not upload your mod here until you have e-mailed the administrator with your idea for a category.
Converted from the PS2 version of Oni, these are the highest-quality versions of intro and outro available. Frame rate is 30fps (instead of 15fps in Win/Mac Oni) and quality is somewhat higher, mainly for intro.
When Oni's demo was first released in 2000, it was only for Windows, and contained levels 1 and 2. Bungie then changed their minds and began packaging the demo with levels 1 and 4. After this, the demo came out for Mac OS, with the second combination of levels 1 and 4. This file will allow you to add level 2 into the Mac demo to experience all three of the levels which were released for the Windows demo.
Konoko Payne is a demo of a pseudo-sequel to Oni by Pierre Terdiman, used as a demonstration of his Flexine gaming engine. Begun around 2002, it was a long-term project, with its last update in 2010. Konoko Payne went a long way in recreating the look and feel of Oni, with some design tweaks of Pierre's.
Update Feb 29 2015 by EdT
Converted to a patch which contains the latest Melee profile for the following custom characters
Guard Dogs\Sentry Droid(ID.51)
Meant to be used as a source for other mods that use the mentioned custom characters.
This patch can be used with Brutal Konoko, Brutal AI and Smart Barabas.
Fills in sounds that Oni attempts to play but that are not in the game data.
1. Adds missing gears sound to end of Ch. 12, Science Prison. Sound based on Timer Switch Clock by Benboncan (http://freesound.org/people/Benboncan/), licensed Creative Commons.
This preview version is limited, the sounds updated are mus_asianb (East Wind Tribute), mus_amasian1 (Up & Away) and mus_fiteb (Fight!).
The original Oni sounds were composed of several loops that can be randomly played and can include an intro and ending. However, this version uses a single sound file, there are no intro or ending sounds.
This preview will give you a taste for the renewed soundtrack.
Fixes for Oni's menus and diary, downloaded by the AE as a core package:
1. Add the words "ANNIVERSARY EDITION" to Main Menu so user knows he is playing the AE.
2. Flip the wording on the Options screen's Invert Mouse setting from "On" to "Off" (Bungie got it backwards).
3. Stops the Diary entry for Chapter 12 from appearing in Chapter 6.
4. Fixes spelling of "effect" in restart dialog when Oni's resolution is changed (dialog is only seen in Oni 1.2 for Mac).